A Shock-Free Coalition Regional Coordinator is a voluntary position, appointed by the Shock-Free Coalition Leadership.
Must be able to communicate via the written word and verbally in front of others, be familiar with social media, be comfortable giving presentations with or without PowerPoint & beable to respond to media requests, sometimes on short notice.
- Has been a professional member of the Pet Professional Guild (PPG), in good standing, for at least one year.
- Has no felony convictions for animal abuse or cruelty.
- Has signed the Shock-Free Coalition Pledge.
- Is passionately committed to the No Pain, No Force, No Fear philosophy.
- Willing to serve as a Shock-Free Coalition Regional Coordinator for at least two years.
- Must work well with others and be able to follow the plan.
- Willingness to be a public advocate for the Shock-Free Coalition in their community personally and through their business.
- Ability to use basic computer software for web searches, word processing, spreadsheets, data management, and social media.
- Leadership experience on other projects through a club, civic organization, or job experience.
- Ability to recruit and motivate volunteers to assist you.
- Experience coordinating projects involving communications and volunteers.
- Ability to attend monthly on-line meetings or to listen to recordings of those meetings on a regular basis.
- Able to coordinate and chair regional meetings using telephone or internet services.
- Monitoring of any pet-related legislation in their region and to bring in to the attention of the Shock-Free Coalition Leadership as soon as possible.