Shock-Free Coalition State Coordinator Role
To grow the brand of the Shock-Free Coalition through specific and localized regions that can more effectively develop and manage local advocacy activities in support and coordination of legal strategies.
A coordinator will be appointed in each region to help develop and grow the local coalition chapter. Successful applicants will be trained in Shock-Free Coalition brand standards, social media protocols, meeting criteria and local role purpose and branding. Full support will be given from PPG leadership.
- Have signed the Shock-Free Pledge
- Be able to remain in the position for a two-year minimum.
- Have been in business and/or the pet industry for a minimum of three years.
- Be a PPG member in good standing for a minimum of 12 months.
- Have no felony convictions or animal abuse/cruelty convictions.
- Be able to attend one monthly national, and possibly regional, meeting.
- Arrange and chair a minimum of four meetings annually for the regional coalition chapter using internet conference facilities.
- Have the leadership skills to manage and coordinate state volunteers
- Have access to a computer, word processing software and internet services.
- Be available by phone during normal business hours.
- Be passionate about the Shock-Free Coalition and the Shock-Free Pledge.
Role: Social Media and Internet Presence
- Work to develop and launch a regional Shock-Free Coalition branded Facebook page with the title: Shock-Free Coalition and the approved regional name
- Follow brand practices and policies for the Facebook page in terms of logo use, materials posted, and general social media etiquette.
- Develop a contact list of local media (print, digital and broadcast) to aid with advocacy communication.
Role: Logo Use and Trademarks
- The local coalition will have access to logos, marketing materials, position statements etc. to help educate their local community.
- Approved branding materials will be provided in a Google Drive folder for each regional coalition.
- The use of logos and trademark compliance must be managed by the regional coordinator according to guidelines provided by PPG.
Role: Monthly Activities
- Drive local awareness through pledge circulation and signatures.
- Cross-post and update the regional Facebook Page regularly.
- Attend, coordinate and/or manage regional events.
- Sponsor educational events/presentations in the general community or in specific segments of the professional pet care community.
- Encourage membership in PPG and support of the Shock-Free Coalition.
- Distribute corporate news releases when applicable to local media.
- Complete a very short report each month via an online form detailing local activity.
- Give presentations with branded materials to help propogate the message
To apply for this position please click here